A joint industry partnership for the advancement of microseismic technology
Launched in January 2012, ULTRA will increase the utility of microseismic data for unconventional resource development by addressing high-value technical questions in partnership with leading operators and researchers. The two-year program will provide its members with new tools and software for more accurate fluid flow predictions from fracture completions and data standards for increasing the value of microseismic data.
The ULTRA program will answer four valuable questions for resource operators:
- How can I optimize the design and cost of acquiring microseismic data given my well completion objectives and geological setting?
- What reservoir properties can I obtain from microseismic monitoring data for input to my reservoir simulation?
- Is there a best way to calculate the Stimulated Reservoir Volume and its flow properties?
- What are the best practices for managing passive seismic libraries to ensure their security, accessibility and future value?
The benefits of ULTRA membership include:
- Delivery of a unique data set for studying equipment, microseismic survey designs, and advanced analytical methods
- Access to leading-edge fracture monitoring technology and a better understanding of microseismic monitoring applications
- Delivery of new unconventional reservoir workflows – from data acquisition through reservoir simulation – that better estimate the effective Stimulated Reservoir Volume and use field measurements to identify reservoir properties that most affect fluid flow within the SRV
- Implementation of best practices for managing microseismic data to ensure their security, accessibility, and long-term value
The current members of ULTRA are:
For membership enquiries contact Dr. Brad Artman. Tel. +1 303 658 9163